Clone Arduino & driver chip CH340, CH340G, CH341
Category : RESOURCES
The CH340/CH341 chip is used by a number of Arduino compatible cards to provide USB connectivity.
Many operating systems do not recognize these chip natively because they lack the drivers and consequently we have an error due to lack of drivers.
The lack of this driver does not allow you to communicate with the hardware platforms and to use the Arduino development software.
No panic, driver installation is very easy!
The driver must be downloaded from the official (Chinese) website.
Once the unzip of the package has been executed, it is possible to proceed with the update of the driver for the device CH340/CH341 and equivalent (download driver only for your OS):
WINDOWS 32/64bit (version: 3.4 – 2016/09/27)
Drivers in the Windows OS are missing, you need to download and install them.
(WINDOWS 32/64bit) for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/VISTA/XP/2000/ME/98 & SERVER 2016/2012/2008/2003
LINUX 32/64bit (version: 1.5 – 2018/03/18)
The drivers are integrated into different Linux distributions. If the device is not recognized, download the Linux CH340/CH341 driver.
MAC OS 32/64bit (version: 1.5 – 2018/07/05)
This driver is for MacOS Sierra/High Sierra. Do not install the drivers for the Mojave, because it seems that the latest versions are equipped with the built CH340/CH341 support.
(MAC OS 32/64bit) for MacOS Sierra/High Sierra
• Unplug any CH34* devices.
• Unload the old drivers if running:
• sudo kext unload /Library/Extensions/usbserial.kext
• sudo kext unload /System/Library/Extensions/usb.kext
• Remove the old driver by issuing one of the following commands (depending on your installation):
• sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/usb.kext
• sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/usbserial.kext
• Double-click on the CH34x_Install_V1.3.pkg file and install (no need to reboot)
• Instead of rebooting, you can force quit Installer after it completes.
• Load the new driver:
• sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/usbserial.kext
• Plug in your device. It should now be listed under the /dev directory. Examples:
ANDROID (version: 1.5 – 2018/03/18)
Android 3.1 – USB Host, root, apk, lib, (Java Driver), App Demo, (USB UART Demo SDK)
Leave a Reply